Double Edged Safety Razor - Thin Handled
Looking to ditch single use plastic from your life? Then the Norse double edged safety razor is for you. The thin handled double edged safety razor is a classic design that has stood the test of time. It is a great razor for all shavers, whether shaving your face, head, legs, chest, bikini line and whatever else you might choose to shave. The razor is made in the United Kingdom from steel, brass and chrome. The razor comes with 5 x razor blades to get you started.
- The benefits of shaving with a double edged safety razor are:
- Single blade so less irritation to the skin, for men this means less rashing and spotting around the neck, for women who shave their legs less itchy grow back and ingrown hairs
- No single use disposable plastic so your environmental impact is reduced
- 200 razor blades cost about £20 so you save a fortune on razor blades
To use the razor you:
- Unscrew the head and insert a blade,
- Hold the razor to your face at an angle of between 30 to 45 degrees
- Allow the weight of the razor to ‘power’ the shave, using short strokes
- When the razor becomes blunt it will ‘hang’ on the hair, rotate the razor or change the blade.
Shaving: Most of us do it. Unfortunately, billions of plastic razors and cartridges are thrown away every year. They cannot be recycled, as the metal is embedded in plastic. So, all this plastic is burned or ends up in nature. This is a disaster for the environment. Luckily, there are better options.
Traditional safety razors are an effective swap for plastic-free shaving. These zero-waste razors were widely used before the mass production of single-use razors. Major shaving companies, who only had profit in mind, made the traditional razor forgotten. Still, the zero-waste razors are now the best alternative to cartridge razors, for men and women alike.
The zero-waste razors use one single blade made from stainless steel. Thus, the blades are easily recyclable. How often the blades need to be replaced depends on shave frequency and hair type, this can vary from a few weeks to months. Double edge safety razor blades are economical and can be bought in most supermarkets or online.