Recycled London Fire-Hose Weekend Bag
The Elvis & Kresse Weekend bag is handmade from genuine decommissioned fire-hose and the lining is made from material rescued from Burberry's Yorkshire workshop and military-grade parachute silk. Each bag is totally unique so no two are the same.
Previously deployed in active duty for up to 25 years, fighting fires around the UK, the hard-wearing hose is perfectly suited for your travels. The wide mouth opening of our weekend bag makes packing, unpacking and searching very easy and the generous sizing means you can take everything you need for a weekend away. The bag has an easy access external pocket, an internal zip pocket and 3 further internal poacher-style pockets.
Elvis & Kresse's fire-hose Weekend Bag is an iconic bag, which is held as part of the permanent collection at the Victoria and Albert Museum.
- Dimensions: H 28 x W 55 x D 27 cm
- Handle Drop: 35 cm
- Exterior: Genuine decommissioned British fire-hose
- Lining: Reclaimed military-grade parachute silk and rescued Burberry textiles
- Adjustable shaped and padded shoulder strap in genuine decommissioned British fire-hose
- Available in Red or rare Yellow fire-hose
- Iconic design - Held as part of the permanent collection at the Victoria and Albert Museum
- Internal zip pocket
- Three internal poacher-style pockets
- Quick access external pocket
- Reinforced stress points
- Presented in a reclaimed military-grade parachute silk dust bag, reusable as a delicate-wash bag
- Etched Elvis & Kresse logo
- Handmade with hand-painted and bound edges
- Water resistant, Wipe-clean
- Repaired for life
- 50% of profits go to The Fire Fighters Charity
THE FIRE-HOSE COLLECTION
Elvis & Kresse fell in love with London's decommissioned fire-hose back in 2005 through a chance encounter with the London Fire Brigade. They took this lifesaving material home determined to breathe new life into it and save it from its otherwise inevitable end in landfill, and vowed to donate 50% of their profits to charity.
For over a decade they have been rescuing all of London's retired fire-hose by lovingly handcrafting them into sustainable luxury bags and accessories. Every year since, Elvis & Kresse have donated 50% of the profits from the Fire-hose Collection to The Fire Fighters Charity. This heroic material, once used to save lives, gets a second chance to keep giving back.
Their Fire-hose pieces are more than just a collection, they represent a whole new kind of luxury. One that is sustainable, ethical, transparent, generous and kind.