Recycled London Fire-Hose Tote Bag
The Elvis & Kresse Tote Bag is made from genuine decommissioned fire-hose and lined with a rescued black Burberry textile or reclaimed parachute silk. Previously deployed in active duty for up to 25 years, fighting fires around the UK, the hose turns a classic shape into an eco original. A perfect day bag due to its size and robustness, the tote will keep you dry through a spot of rain and keep its contents dry even in a rainstorm. You don’t need to worry about setting it down on the ground, it will wipe clean with just a cloth and some furniture polish. This over-the-shoulder bag is big enough for a 13" laptop and has 3 internal pockets. Practical, individual, beautiful, timeless.
Elvis & Kresse's classic Tote Bag is available in red or yellow hose.
- Dimensions: H 29 x W 36 x D 13 cm
- Handle Drop: 25 cm
- Exterior: Genuine decommissioned British fire-hose or printing blanket
- Lining: Rescued Burberry black textile or Reclaimed parachute silk
- Handles in genuine decommissioned British fire-hose
- Available in Red or rare Yellow fire-hose
- Timeless design
- Featured on the BBC
- Internal zip pocket
- Two internal quick access pockets
- Presented in a reclaimed silk dust bag, reusable as a shopping or delicate-wash bag
- Etched Elvis & Kresse logo
- Handmade with hand-painted and bound edges
- Water resistant, Wipe-clean
- Repaired for life
- 50% of profits go to The Fire Fighters Charity
THE FIRE-HOSE COLLECTION
Elvis & Kresse fell in love with London's decommissioned fire-hose back in 2005 through a chance encounter with the London Fire Brigade. They took this lifesaving material home determined to breathe new life into it and save it from its otherwise inevitable end in landfill, and vowed to donate 50% of their profits to charity.
For over a decade they have been rescuing all of London's retired fire-hose by lovingly handcrafting them into sustainable luxury bags and accessories. Every year since, Elvis & Kresse have donated 50% of the profits from the Fire-hose Collection to The Fire Fighters Charity. This heroic material, once used to save lives, gets a second chance to keep giving back.
Their Fire-hose pieces are more than just a collection, they represent a whole new kind of luxury. One that is sustainable, ethical, transparent, generous and kind.