Recycled London Fire-Hose Messenger Bag
The Elvis & Kresse Messenger Bag is made from genuine decommissioned fire-hose and has a reclaimed Burberry black cotton and military-grade parachute silk lining. Previously deployed in active duty for up to 30 years, fighting fires around the UK, the hose is perfectly robust for an every day bag and the full length flap, with hidden magnet closures, will keep your valuables safe. It has an internal zip pocket, a laptop divider and 1 full length zipped pocket under the flap.
Winner of one of The Best Sustainable Men's Clothing Brands by The Independent in August, 2020.
WHAT CAN YOU FIT IN THERE?
This is a deceptively roomy bag, big enough for a 13" laptop, an A4 pad and all your other daily essentials, but small enough just to chuck in your tablet, wallet and keys and go....
- Dimensions: H 26 x W 34 x D 11 cm
- Max Strap Drop: 72 cm
- Exterior: Genuine decommissioned British fire-hose
- Lining: Reclaimed Burberry black cotton lining and military-grade parachute silk
- Adjustable shoulder strap in genuine decommissioned British fire-hose
- Available in Red or rare Yellow fire-hose
- Voted as one of the Best Sustainable Men's Clothing Brands by The Independent
- Full length flap with hidden magnetic closure
- One external and one internal zip pocket
- Padded central divider and laptop pocket
- Presented in a reclaimed military-grade parachute silk dust bag, reusable as a shopping or delicate-wash bag
- Etched Elvis & Kresse logo
- Handmade with hand-painted and bound edges
- Water resistant, Wipe-clean
- Repaired for life
- 50% of profits go to The Fire Fighters Charity
THE FIRE-HOSE COLLECTION
Elvis & Kresse fell in love with London's decommissioned fire-hose back in 2005 through a chance encounter with the London Fire Brigade. They took this lifesaving material home determined to breathe new life into it and save it from its otherwise inevitable end in landfill, and vowed to donate 50% of their profits to charity.
For over a decade they have been rescuing all of London's retired fire-hose by lovingly handcrafting them into sustainable luxury bags and accessories. Every year since, Elvis & Kresse have donated 50% of the profits from the Fire-hose Collection to The Fire Fighters Charity. This heroic material, once used to save lives, gets a second chance to keep giving back.
Their Fire-hose pieces are more than just a collection, they represent a whole new kind of luxury. One that is sustainable, ethical, transparent, generous and kind.