Recycled London Fire-Hose Large Washbag
The Elvis & Kresse Large Washbag is made from genuine decommissioned fire-hose and lined with waste parachute silk. Previously deployed in active duty for up to 25 years, fighting fires around the UK, fire-hose makes a perfect wash bag. Strong enough to tackle the toughest conditions first time around, the hose has been re-engineered to protect your toiletries – the hose itself is obviously waterproof, protecting what’s inside but perhaps more importantly protecting what’s outside from leaky shampoo bottles and exploding toothpaste tubes..
Chosen as one of the best washbags by The Independent; the Large Washbag is available in red hose or yellow hose.
WHAT CAN YOU FIT IN THERE?
It's a large washbag so you can fit pretty much anything you like but this is what Elvis takes: Tooth brush, toothpaste, razor, shaving brush and cream, soap, shampoo, hairbrush and nail clippers. Kresse manages to cram it a little fuller with some conditioner and moisturizer and obviously loses the shaving kit but you get the picture…
- Dimensions: H 14 x W 24 x D 14 cm
- Exterior: Choice of genuine decommissioned British fire-hose or reclaimed printing blanket
- Lining: Reclaimed military-grade parachute silk
- Available in Red or rare Yellow fire-hose
- Robust Construction
- Voted one of the best Travel Washbags by The Independent
- Brother to the Medium Washbag
- External zip pocket
- Presented in a reclaimed military-grade parachute silk dust bag, reusable as a delicate-wash bag
- Etched Elvis & Kresse logo
- Handmade with hand-painted edges
- Water resistant, Wipe-clean
- Repaired for life
- 50% of profits go to The Fire Fighters Charity
THE FIRE-HOSE COLLECTION
Elvis & Kresse fell in love with London's decommissioned fire-hose back in 2005 through a chance encounter with the London Fire Brigade. They took this lifesaving material home determined to breathe new life into it and save it from its otherwise inevitable end in landfill, and vowed to donate 50% of their profits to charity.
For over a decade they have been rescuing all of London's retired fire-hose by lovingly handcrafting them into sustainable luxury bags and accessories. Every year since, Elvis & Kresse have donated 50% of the profits from the Fire-hose Collection to The Fire Fighters Charity. This heroic material, once used to save lives, gets a second chance to keep giving back.
Their Fire-hose pieces are more than just a collection, they represent a whole new kind of luxury. One that is sustainable, ethical, transparent, generous and kind.